Your car’s tires affect its ride, handling, traction and safety.
Tires are the critical connection between your car and the road in all sorts of driving conditions.
Caring for your tires:
- Check tire pressure at least once a month (and don’t forget the spare).
- Have the tires rotated every 10,000 kilometers.
- Rotation time also serves as a good opportunity to have the tires balanced. Unbalanced wheels can cause rapid wear of shock absorbers and struts, and wheel balance can change as a result of normal tire wear.
- On all-wheel drive vehicles, a difference of only ¼ between the outside circumference of the front and rear tires can cause extensive damage to the transfer case or center differential. Rotating the tires to keep their sizes equal is critical on these vehicles, and replacing all four tires at the same time, rather than just the front or rear tires, is highly recommended.
- Uneven or accelerated tire wear may indicate an alignment problem. Have your car’s alignment checked at least once a year.
To maximize tire life and safety, check tire pressure and inflation pressure regularly and have the tires rotated and balanced. Tire replacement may be necessary if the tread depth is below the legal minimum requirement, or the sidewalls are severely cracked or punctured. In some cases, tread punctures cannot be repaired.
Tire Storage Available
The Mufflerman offers storage services for all of your seasonal tires, see one of our stores for details and prices.